S’mores are an old-time American dessert. Many of us grew up eating them and have them especially when we’re out camping or enjoying a post-BBQ dessert. The issue however, is that the graham crackers, the marshmallows and the chocolate are unhealthy and lacking in nutrition; loaded with sugar, lacking in fiber and filled with empty carbs.
Photo by Leon Contreras on Unsplash
That’s why we invented the Rip Van S’More: a healthier & and tastier S’more:
Rip Van S’mores have 83% less sugar than a conventional s’more:
- 2 Rip Van Dutch Caramel & Vanilla Wafels
- 4 Choc Zero Dark Chocolate Squares
- 4 Max Mellow Marshmallows
- Set your grill to medium-low heat.
- Open 2 Rip Van Wafel packets (Dutch Caramel & Vanilla is our fav). Place 1 wafel on a piece of foil with a portion of chocolate on top. Place your foil/wafel/chocolate on the side of your grill (not directly on the flame). Leave it there until the chocolate is warmed and slightly softened, which should be about 30 seconds.
- Skewer a few marshmallows on a skewer and hold over the heat about 2 inches above the grates. Toast, turning occasionally, until the marshmallow puffs and turns golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place your toasted marshmallows on the prepared wafel with chocolate. Use the remaining wafel to sandwich the marshmallow while pulling it from the skewer.
- Enjoy while warm and gooey!
If you give this recipe a try and have any tweaks you’d like to share, feel free to get in touch!