Answers to your Questions
A Rip Van Wafel is a low sugar sandwich cookie. It is a healthier take on the stroopwafel; a traditional Dutch delicacy.
Both the leading cookie in the US and the traditional stroopwafel have ~14g of sugar/serving, are high in empty calories and low in fiber. A Rip Van Wafels rivals in taste but contains anywhere between 3-5g of sugar and 6g of fiber. This is significantly better than both the leading granola bar and breakfast bar brand in the US.
Most people love to have our product as is, savoring every deliciously chewy bite till they’ve devoured the whole wafel. That said our product can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways:
- Paired with a Beverage - The baked and spice flavor notes in our product pair particularly well with a range of coffee & teas. They can be enjoyed in sequence, dunked or warmed over the rim of a hot beverage.
- Topped - Rip Van Wafels can be enjoyed as a more substantial snack. Some of our favorite healthy toppings include: nut butter, icelandic yogurt or coconut yogurt. For indulgent toppings a chocolate or chocolate hazelnut paste is our favorite.
- Dessert - Whether used as a graham cracker replacement for smores, you want to create an ice cream sandwich or crumble our wafels as a topping. Rip Van Wafels makes for a great desert component.;
- Low Sugar Rip Van Wafels come in five delicious flavors: Dutch Caramel & Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, Honey & Oats, Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Brownie. Each one has just 3g of sugar and 6g of fiber.
- Low Sugar Rip Van Wafers have 2g of sugar and just 3g net carbs. We have three great flavors to choose from -- Chocolate Hazelnut, Dark Chocolate and Vanilla.
We design all of our products in our food lab at our Brooklyn, NY-based headquarters. We produce our wafels and wafers in both our Canadian bakery and Dutch facilities.
This is due to a combination of the low sugar levels in our proprietary formula with the boosted sweetness from our use of monk fruit.
We use chicory root fiber in our products to provide the added boost of prebiotic fiber.
Prebiotics are carbs that cannot be digested by the body. They facilitate the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
At Rip Van, we decide to only use ingredients derived from real food. This means that we avoid artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols, artificial colors and high fructose corn syrup.
No! We strongly believe we should use the best, most natural ingredients possible. That’s why all of our products are certified by the NON-GMO Project as being 100% free of genetically modified ingredients.
None of our products contain soy ingredients.
Yes! We only use eggs from free-range chickens.
Our wafels are made on a nut-free line but we cannot guarantee that the individual ingredients of our wafels are manufactured in nut-free facilities.
Rip Van Wafers contain just 4g of net carbs and many of our customers enjoy them as part of their keto diet. The Low Sugar Rip Van Wafels contain 12-13g net carbs so would not be considered keto-friendly.
We currently offer Gluten Free Rip Van Wafels in two flavors. You can buy those here.
Our Rip Van Wafers are completely vegan! Currently, our Rip Van Wafels are vegetarian-friendly, but not fully vegan. But keep checking back! We are always working on new products. If you have a product idea you wish we’d make, please click here to share it with us!
You can buy them on this site! If you prefer to buy them in a retail store visit our “Where to Find Us” page.
Visit our “Become a Retailer Page”
We’ll ship anywhere you are in the continental U.S!
Please visit this page: ripvan.com/shipping-and-returns/